The horror, the horror, of loneliness and isolation, especially when a pandemic is waging its silent war beyond your house walls. Maybe before the world ended in such a bang-y and whimpering way, you would have made this recipe at a warm, friendly gathering. Now, you can make it just for yourself and eat the results for days, while staring at the white wall in front of you, wondering if you’re stuck in Groundhog Day or Apocalypse Now.
- A few chicken drumsticks
- A slosh of oil
- 1 instant miso soup sachet
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/ 350 degrees F.
- Put the chicken drumsticks in a roasting dish.
- Drizzle a bit of oil over them.
- Cook them in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Mix the instant miso soup sachet with about half a cup of boiling water and a bit of salt.
- Add the miso mix to the roasting dish and cook the chicken for 20 minutes more.
This recipe was submitted by Naomi, who so cheerfully said: ‘Miso chicken is quick & delicious and creates a lovely comforting broth. Chicken soup for the belly, never mind the soul! Any chicken will do but drumsticks are the quickest (and often cheapest) and you get the magic goodness from the bones.’