Bacon feels good when you take a bite out of a fried piece and that’s why I always try to gulp it down along with my overwhelming carnivorous guilt. Yes, guilt-tripping myself is my favorite form of tourism. But the yumminess of putting together avocado, bacon and some leafy greens will be worth the journey!
- 1 avocado
- A few slices of bacon
- Handful of leafy greens (lettuce, spinach or arugula)
- Cook the bacon however you prefer.
- Scoop out the avocado pit.
- Cut the avocado into slices and place it on a plate next to the bacon.
- Wash the leafy greens under cold water and add them to the plate.
This recipe was submitted by Naomi, who so cheerfully says: ‘Fat makes you happy! And green things feel good & fresh & healthy. So avocados are the perfect food. Combined with bacon for extra happiness and any kind of salad leaves for extra health, this is a really quick meal. If you can find some kind of dressing, great, but it’s also nice without.’