Whenever my housemate and I are n’sync in our depression, appetite is an endangered species. There is one thing that makes our cravings pop: a tray of my favorite roasted potatoes recipe. I get off my depression couch and only spend a few minutes prepping so I can pop the tray in the oven. As soon as I finish watching an episode of my newest sad binge, the potatoes are ready and it’s time to press ‘next episode’.
- 3 potatoes that fit in your palm
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- 1.Wash the potatoes and onion.
- 2.Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/ 350 degrees F.
- 3.Cut the potatoes and onion into wedges, whichever size you prefer. Cut the garlic cloves into 2-3 pieces .
- 4.Line an oven tray with parchment paper.
- 5.Set the potatoes and onion on it. Add the garlic too.
- 6.Drizzle with olive oil.
- 7.Add salt, pepper, and thyme.
- 8.Pop in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until they’re crispy and brown.